15th FINANCIAL RISKS INTERNATIONAL FORUM: “Climate Risk and Green Transition”
The Institut Louis Bachelier, in cooperation with the Fondation du Risque, the Europlace Institute of Finance and the Louis Bachelier "Finance and Sustainable Growth" Laboratory, is pleased to invite you to the 15th Financial Risks International Forum. This year’s forum will focus on the theme: “Climate Risk and Green Transition”.
Climate change is one of the key challenges of our time. Addressing climate change and transitioning the world’s economy to a low-carbon path will require support from the financial sector through energy and infrastructure investments, the creation of new financial products and insurance solutions. It will also require the development of new models to assess the interactions between climate and the economy, the measurement of climate physical / transition risk and its incorporation into asset prices, the assessment of investors’ attitudes and beliefs towards these risks.
Finally, financial institutions are interconnected, and climate change is posing a serious threat to financial stability. Central banks and regulators are requesting financial institutions to disclose their climate risk exposure and have started to design scenarios for climate stress tests.
This upcoming 15th Financial Risks International Forum aims to highlight the methodological and regulatory challenges raised by the ongoing developments in financial technologies.
Irene Monasterolo, Professor of Climate Finance, EDHEC-Risk Institute, EDHEC Business School, will give a keynote speech on the theme of "Cascading climate risks: an asset level financial approach".
Guest Speakers for the 2022 edition are:
• Stefano GIGLIO, Professor of Finance at Yale School of Management
• Irene MONASTEROLO, Professor of Climate Finance at EDHEC Business School and EDHEC-Risk Institute
• Lucian TAYLOR, Professor of Finance, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
Round table sessions during this year’s Risks Forum address:
- “Data Gaps and Needs for Sustainable Finance Research”
- “The Future of Futures: Designing and Using Climate Macro-Financial Scenarios”
- “Steering Company's Temperature Trajectory”
Academics, professionals and regulators will present papers on the following and other relevant topics:
- Climate risk assessment and management
- Carbon trading, carbon tax, internal cost of carbon
- Regulation, climate-aligned central bank tools, climate stress tests, long run predictions, scenario analysis, complex systems, cascading climate risk
- Adaptation, stranded assets, transition to zero carbon economies, just transition
- Climate data, ESG ratings, taxonomy, disclosure, reporting standards
- ESG preferences and beliefs
- Agency, governance and incentive problems, investors’ engagement
- Investment strategies, climate risk factors, funds’ exposure to climate risk
- Extreme weather risk, real estate and commodities exposure to climate
- Green techs, new data, financial innovations
- Other environmental risks: biodiversity, air pollution, water etc.
For registration and programme for this conference that will take place at Chambre de Commerce et d’Industrie on March 21-22, go to Institut Louis Bachelier (ILB) website.
The Institut Louis Bachelier (ILB) is currently hosting more than 70 research programs within four societal transitions: environmental, digital, demographic and financial. These programs are the home of collaborations between academic, as well as public and private partners on subjects of societal importance. Around 400 first-class researchers are involved with ILB on a yearly basis. Together they seek answers for a world in transition!