Programme Director (Full-time, indefinite term) – Impact of Finance on Climate Change – One vacancy in Nice (France)
We are looking for an experienced and recognised senior researcher to spearhead our research programme on the impact of finance on climate change.
This is a unique opportunity to leverage on a track record of high-quality and innovative scientific research to drive an effort to deliver significant impact on the theory and practice of sustainable investment and climate finance as part of a dynamic institution. The Research Programme you will lead should explore the sustainability foot-printing and impact measurement of financial institutions and financial products and the design and evaluation of financial tools and instruments to support climate change adaptation and mitigation. The Institute has secured medium-term funding for core roles to support this programme and is actively recruiting.
The Programme Director will join the EDHEC-Risk Climate Impact Institute (preferably) in Nice, France. The Programme Director will be a member of the Institute’s Research Management Committee and play a key role in shaping the Institute’s research agenda alongside Scientific Director Professor Riccardo Rebonato.
- Draft the Research Programme long-term agenda on the basis of industry and scientific needs and opportunities and put forward short- and medium-term research and research dissemination plans;
- Lead the execution of validated plans by performing research and authoring outputs individually and managing a team of senior researchers and analysts;
- Contribute to fundraising; take ownership for the production and defence of research chair proposals, grant requests, and award entries in relation to the Research Programme;
- Act as the principal scientific spokesperson for the Research Programme and contribute to creating awareness about its work, and its researchers in industry and scientific circles, and to transferring research insights to the EDHEC group research community;
- Take care of research-related administrative and financial functions at the level of the Research Programme
- You are recognised as a senior researcher in the field of sustainable finance; you have a strong record of scientific publication in the area and supporting fields;
- You have demonstrated research leadership abilities and have a successful history of designing and executing ambitious research agendas, managing diverse research teams, overseeing project lifecycles, and ensuring the timely delivery of high-quality research outputs;
- You are proficient in translating research findings into actionable insights for policymakers, institutional investors, and businesses and have experience of policy report and though leadership article writing;
- You have worked with financial institutions and/or senior financial managers; and/or professional associations, and/or regulatory bodies to produce new research insights on sustainable finance solutions and/or incorporate research advances into best practices and rulemaking;
- You have experience of securing research funding from public and private sources, including government agencies, foundations, and industry partners.
- You have a PhD in economics, finance, applied mathematics, statistics or physics or finance, and you acquired significant further research experience in academia and/or financial institutions;
- You have a background in topics such as asset pricing, risk and investment management, performance measurement, and have applied it to climate/sustainable finance.
- You are articulate and persuasive in English (written and spoken).
Terms and conditions are competitive. The salary will be determined according to the School pay scale, based on the candidate’s qualifications and prior experience.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to: [email protected]
To access all open positions with EDHEC-Risk Climate, click here